Are you debating between a no-code, low-code, or full-code app-building approach to launch your eCommerce app? Well, you came to the right place!
If you’re bursting at the seams with ideas for a stunning app with all the features to drive conversion and repeat business for your eCommerce store, don’t let lack of budget or a big development team stop you. While retail giants like Amazon or Nike rely on expensive full-code app development that requires large teams of developers, the days of coding-focused app development are a thing of the past.
With no-code and low-code app development platforms, you can launch a magnificent app with all the built-in features you need quickly and effectively without straining your resources.
But what really is the difference between no code, low code, and full code app development? What sets them apart?
In this article, we’ll dive deep into each of the concepts, explore the advantages and disadvantages, and ultimately help you choose the app development solution that is best for your business’ needs and keep your customers coming back again and again.
Why Should You Have a Mobile App For Your Ecommerce Business?
As an eCommerce business, it’s crucial to have a mobile app to keep up with the changing customer journey.
It’s been labeled as mobile commerce, and it’s quickly becoming the norm, with up to 90% of eCommerce traffic coming from mobile devices. However, mobile websites often struggle to convert shoppers into buyers due to a lack of features and a less seamless user experience.
Mobile apps, on the other hand, offer features like push notifications and one-touch checkout, resulting in a conversion rate that is 3 to 5 times higher than mobile websites. Not only that, but mobile app users also have a 123% higher average order value and return to the app two times faster within 30 days.
We don’t want to bore you with numbers, but if you’re interested, you can read more on mobile statistics, here.
Okay, so now back to the topic; no code, low code or full code – what’s the right pick for your store?
No-Code App Development
If you think only programmers can develop apps, no-code app development is here to change the game. As the name suggests, such an approach enables non-techy users to create apps using visual programming interfaces and pre-built templates and modules. These platforms allow users to design, test and deploy an app by dragging and dropping pre-built blocks or elements and connecting them with one another.
- It’s DIY With no-code app development, almost anyone in your company can create apps that integrate smoothly into your existing infrastructure, regardless of their technical knowledge or ability.
- Fast Launch It is possible to achieve faster iteration speeds with no-code app development using templates and a drag & drop app builder. All of the app’s components can be launched and adjusted with minimal effort and without any coding required.
- Integrations With Webstore You can integrate and sync your webstore, payment and customer data across platforms with no-code app development, eliminating the need to manage multiple stores and ensuring real-time synchronization.
- New Features Are Included In The Plan A no-code app development plan comes equipped with new features that you can update in real-time.
- Monthly Pricing No-code app development plans are budget-friendly compared to traditional app development options, with pricing starting from as low as 100 to 300 USD per month. Additionally, no code is cost-effective in terms of legacy maintenance.
- Easy App Management Once the app is live, you’ll have access to a platform to send out push notifications, view app analytics, and make changes. This means you won’t have to rely on an agency or developers to make updates; everything can be done DIY!
- No Customization There is less room for flexibility due to the use of predefined templates and drag-and-drop components.
- No Room For Additional Integrations With no code-built apps, integrating extra features like AI and interactive structures is difficult, thus, limiting creativity and design.
- No Room For Additional Features Additional features such as video and audio processing, native checkout, or access to device sensors are usually not supported by no-code app development platforms.
For Whom Is No Code App Development Best?
No-code app development is a good option for small businesses that want to reap the benefits of the mobile apps’ (more sales and higher revenue) and launch quickly, but it has limitations in terms of design and functionality. Keep in mind that what you see is what you get, without any additional features. As eCommerce brands grow, they often require more advanced app solutions that may not be possible with no-code development. It is important to carefully consider your desired features, design, and integrations to ensure that a no-code solution is suitable for your needs.
Low Code App Development
In between no-code and full-code approaches lies low-code app development, which sets the groundwork for an app but leaves room for customization through code. It’s like having building blocks to put an app together, but still have room to play with the design and request features and integrations.
Low-code platforms are affordable and easy to use, allowing your company to create bespoke solutions with cutting-edge resources tailored to your business strategy.
- Co-creation. By providing a list of features, a low-code app company can build your app using pre-made building blocks on a SaaS platform, resulting in a customized app that meets your exact specifications while prioritizing streamlined processes. This approach is less DIY and offers more support compared to building an app from the ground up on a low-code platform. Plus, having the support of experts significantly improves the quality of the app!
- Fast set-up. Since you would have already laid the groundwork in the form of pre-integrations, setting up an app is relatively quick. In fact, most low code apps can be built within 6 weeks or less.
- Integrations With Webstore. Low-code app development platforms provide direct integrations with web stores, allowing you to synchronize orders, stock levels, delivery, and customer data, including wishlists. This ensures a seamless experience for customers and makes app upkeep effortless.
- Monthly pricing. Since low-code app development subscriptions include plans around $300 to $600 per month, you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank when releasing your app.
- Customization. Low-code platforms offer plenty of customization options, which is a crucial difference between low-code and no-code platforms. You can add features and specific design elements that align with your brand, as well as integrate various tools and technologies. While there may be some limitations in terms of flexibility when compared to full-code, the wealth of available pre-integrated templates and the option for co-creation often make up for it.
- Full Serviced. With a low-code solution, you can typically rely on the platform’s developers for assistance with set-up, design, integrations, and additional features. This can be more efficient and result in fewer errors than trying to do everything yourself or using full code.
- Easy App Management. A low code platform allows you to send out push notifications, access app analytics, and make changes independently, without the need to rely on an agency or developers.
- No Blank Sheet. While low code may offer some customization options, it does not allow for the same level of depth and control as full code development. Yet, you pay a price for the latter – so in most cases, low code is the best option.
For Whom Is Low-Code App Development Best?
Low-code app development is an excellent option if you want a high-quality, visually appealing app that accurately reflects your brand and provides a seamless shopping experience. It is suitable for small, fast-growing businesses up to the enterprise level and allows for the flexibility to add more features over time.
Full-Code App Development
True to its name, “full-code development” relies solely on coding languages to create applications. While these apps can be unique, their development and maintenance require significant time, money, and legacy support. They are typically only a worthwhile investment for large companies with highly specialized needs, such as building an app for a large fan base or an app centered around virtual reality. Low or no code options are a more practical choice for most eCommerce businesses, as they can be developed and updated more quickly and inexpensively.
- Fully Customizable. When using a full-code strategy, you have complete freedom in designing the look and feel of your app with unlimited possibilities for custom app development.
- You Can Add The Newest Innovations. With full-code app, it is easy to integrate new features such as virtual reality and gaming.
- Long Development Time. Due to rigorous testing, problem patches, and numerous revisions, developing a fully-functional app can take anything from two to eight months.
- Project Management. Custom app development requires an established and well-defined project management plan.
- Need Many Different Skills. Be prepared to hire front and back-end developers, graphic designers, and brand managers if you are taking the full-code approach.
- Expensive. Developing a full-code app from scratch can easily cost more than $60,000, and you will need to pay additional fees for each new feature.
For Whom Is Full-Code App Development Best?
Companies the size of Adidas or Nike, with their massive budgets, specific requirements, and armies of developers, are the ideal users for full-code app development platforms.
The Bottom Line
The difference between no code, low code, and full code app development can be easily compared with building a kitchen for a new house.
No-code app development is like using an IKEA-style prefabricated kitchen, where all parts were built for you in a factory, and you just have to put it together on-site. This is the quickest and easiest method possible, but you have less control over the final product.
Low-code app development is like using pieces of wood that have already been pre-cut and pre-measured and include instructions for how to put everything together. But, at the same time, it still leaves room for creativity. The potential and possibilities are greater while still making the process relatively easy, even if you have little experience as a carpenter.
Full-code app development is like building it all from scratch. You’re the architect, wood collector, designer and builder all in one, without any instructions layed out. This gives you complete control over the final product but is also the most time-consuming and challenging option.
Do You Want To Create Your Own eCommerce App
Are you looking to create a stunning mobile app that will turn your mobile visitors into frequent shoppers?
Look no further than JMango360! Our low-code app builder allows us to design and launch a premium e-commerce or retail app in just a few weeks, both for B2B and B2C. Plus, with included app marketing and constant updates with the latest innovative features, you can guarantee your customers a best-in-class mobile commerce experience.
Don’t miss out on the full potential of the mobile-first world – reach out to us today to get started!
More stories from J-Mango e-commerce
The Ultimate Guide to App Store OptimizationRead more
The 6 Best Mobile eCommerce AppsRead more
How to Build an eCommerce App without Coding?Read more
Native vs. Hybrid vs. Web App: all the AnswersRead more
How to improve your Mobile App PerformanceRead more
6 Tips to Maximize Mobile Revenue for E-CommerceRead more
4 Effective Tactics to Increase Mobile LoyaltyRead more